This cozy, cinnamon stick garnished Apple Hot Toddy is not only a great way to warm up on cool nights, but also can help alleviate the discomfort of a common cold or sore throat. It's my favorite warm alcoholic drink, and I think you'll love it too!
– In a small saucepan warm ¾ cup water.
– Add ¼ cup apple whiskey, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a 6-ounce mug. Top off cup with hot water and stir until the honey is dissolved.
– Garnish with an apple slice and a cinnamon stick.
1. Instead of honey, substitute maple syrup for a more woodsy flavor.
2. The mild and fragrant licorice flavor of a star anise is not only a good combination, it's really pretty as a garnish.
Pro Tip #2:
To make a large batch of this delicious hot toddy recipe, multiply the recipe by how many people you have in your group. I'll often make a pitcher full so I don't have to mix while entertaining