Italian Chicken Meatballs are healthy, delicious, and versatile. Serve them with my Classic Marinara Sauce, in an Italian soup recipe or throw them on a hoagie roll and make a Italian meatball sub.
With only 8 ingredients, you will have an easy, healthy dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Guess what? They are baked! Yep, just one bowl to mix everything and one baking sheet to finish. Easy peasy clean up when you make this meatball recipe.
MEAL PREP AND FREEZABLE
These meatballs are great for meal prep too! Double the recipe and you’ll have lunches for the upcoming week or throw them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALL INGREDIENTS
- Ground Chicken – You could make a great healthy meatball with ground turkey too.
- Egg – Beat the egg a bit when you add it to the bowl.
- Breadcrumbs – Use either Italian or Plain breadcrumbs.
- Onion – The onion should be diced fine.
- Italian Seasoning – Italian Seasoning is a mix of Basil, Thyme and Oregano. If you don’t have Italian Seasoning in your spice drawer, add a combination of the three as a substitute.
- Garlic – I use two large garlic cloves, but feel free to add another if you believe more garlic is always better!
- Crushed Red Pepper – If you love spicy, add a little more, or you can leave it out if you’re worried about the kiddos.
- Salt & Pepper
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Preheat oven to 350.
This recipe is so simple! Just dump everything together in a bowl and mix.
You can use a spoon to combine or might as well dive in with your hands, they will be required to make the balls any way.
Roll the mixture into 15 small meatballs and place on baking sheet. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper to keep the meatballs from sticking.
Bake for 15 – 20.
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Italian Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 c Breadcrumbs Italian or Plain
- 1/4 c Onion diced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Crusted Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients.
- Mix ingredients until well combined.
- Be sure to spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper to keep the meatballs from sticking.
- Roll the mixture into 16 small meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes turning once at 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately.