Roasted Cabbage with Bacon is the perfect low-carb, keto friendly side dish. Cabbage "steaks" are topped with seasoned salt, pepper and bacon and roasted for just 25 minutes.
The one sure way I can drop a few pounds is by reducing carbs from my diet.
This girl loves potatoes, pasta and bread, so... NO carbs is not something I can sustain for too long, but this recipe is so full of flavor I don't feel like I'm missing out.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CABBAGE WITH BACON
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut cabbage into ½" steaks and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Using a basting brush, add olive oil to the top of each cabbage steak.
Sprinkle each with seasoned salt and pepper. Only ¼ tsp of seasoned salt and pepper to all six steaks. It does not take much seasoned salt.
Add 1 tbsp crumbled bacon onto the top of each steak. You could add raw bacon to the cabbage, but the roasting will take a bit longer and I like my cabbage to have a little bite. Not too mushy.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
ROASTED CABBAGE VARIATIONS
- Add a slice of white onion over the cabbage before the bacon.
- Drizzle with a honey balsamic vinaigrette before roasting and skip the bacon.
- Replace the bacon with roasted pecans.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese at the end.
WHAT GOES WITH ROASTED CABBAGE WITH BACON?
Serve this easy, delicious, low-carb side dish with grilled steaks, baked chicken breast or even your favorite meatloaf dinner.
IS CABBAGE HEALTHY?
Yes, cabbage is an outstanding food to add to your diet. It's full antioxidants, Vitamin K and C and and it's an excellent source of daily fiber.
Add cabbage to your favorite vegetable soup, saute it with olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of apple cider vinegar or make my traditional Sweet Creamy Slaw. There are many, many ways to incorporate this healthy vegetable into your weekly meal plan.
ROASTED CABBAGE WITH BACON
Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cabbage into ½" steaks and place on a greased cookie sheet. See picture above.
- Using a basting brush, add olive oil to the top of each cabbage steak.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp seasoned salt and ¼ tsp pepper onto steaks. Only ¼ of each for all six steaks.
- Add 1 tbsp crumbled bacon to the top of each steak.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.