Create holiday cocktails with this homemade Cranberry Simple Syrup recipe!
Cranberry Simple Syrup can be added to gin and tonics, vodka sodas, or holiday punches.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS HOMEMADE SIMPLE SYRUP
- Simple Ingredients - With just four ingredients, this recipe is a super easy recipe to create.
- Cranberries are one of the season’s most popular flavors, so they will be easy to find!
- I’m in love with this bright red color. The holiday season is the perfect time of year to serve cocktails with this beautiful syrup.
- Quick and Easy
- So many ways to use this simple syrup - This simple syrup is a great way to create delicious cocktails, dinners, and desserts.
- This homemade recipe makes a great DIY holiday gift. Add the syrup to a glass bottle and wrap with a simple ribbon to create a sweet gift for friends and family.
- Cranberry cocktails are delicious!!
- Fresh Cranberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice (optional) - Substitute orange juice for the lemon juice and add an orange peel to create Cranberry-Orange Simple Syrup.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
To a small saucepan, add cranberries, sugar, lemon juice, and water.
Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer for 15 minutes.
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and press the cranberries with the back of a spoon to release all of the juices.
WANT TO STORE FOR LATER? HERE'S HOW:
Refrigerator: After the syrup has come to room temperature, transfer to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to four weeks. A small mason jar works great.
Freezer: Yes, you can store this simple syrup in the freezer for up to 6 months. Do not use a glass container to freezer syrup.
HOW TO USE CRANBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
- Cocktails/Mocktails - The holiday season is the perfect time to create homemade cocktails with ice cubes, sparkling water and simple syrup.
- Add to a pork, chicken, or turkey marinade.
- Use as a dipping sauce for Monte Cristo sandwiches.
- Drizzled the syrup over the top of ice cream.
- Add to oatmeal or overnight oats.
- Serve this cranberry syrup with pancakes or waffles.
- Create Cranberry Mosco Mules - You'll need vodka, lime juice, cranberry simple syrup and ginger beer.
- My favorite cocktail is a Cranberry Old Fashion.
HOW TO MAKE TRADITIONAL SIMPLE SYRUP
To make your own simple syrup, mix equal parts white sugar and water in a medium sauce pan. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Be sure to let the mixture cool before storing in the refrigerator.
The syrup will be good in the fridge for up to four weeks.
MORE MEMORABLE RECIPES
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- To a small sauce pan, add cranberries, granulated sugar, fresh lemon juice and water.1 lb. Cranberries, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 cup water
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and press the cranberries with the back of a spoon to help them release all the juices.
- Pour the syrup into an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.