Cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and some herbs and spices come together for a rich and savory dip perfect for dipping your favorite veggies or to serve on top of cucumber slices.
If you love creamy dips with simple ingredients, you may also like this tzatziki sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
- What is cucumber dip
- Why you are going to love this cream cheese cucumber dip
- Cucumber dip with cream cheese ingredients
- How to make easy cream cheese cucumber dip
- Recipe Tips For This Easy Cucumber Dip
- How to make cucumber tea sandwiches
- Ways to serve this simple cucumber cream cheese dip
- More dip recipes
- Cream Cheese Cucumber Dip
What is cucumber dip
This cucumber dip is a creamy and savory dip that is ideal to eat with, guess what......cucumbers! Though not limited to fresh cucumbers it also tastes great with other vegetables and can be used in quite a few different ways.
If you would like to add a chopped cucumber to the dip you can but it may make the dip a little watery. I prefer to use it as a dip for cucumbers as opposed to adding diced cucumbers but wanted to give you the option to add them if you like.
Why you are going to love this cream cheese cucumber dip
- Smooth and creamy - The cream cheese and mayonnaise make this a velvety cucumber dip. Perfect for dipping or dunking.
- Versatile - Change up the spices, add green onions, use more or less mayonnaise and make the dip based on your personal preferences.
- Multi-purpose - Great for dipping cucumbers, red peppers, broccoli, or your favorite vegetable or as a topping for cucumbers but you can also use it as a cucumber cream cheese spread for sandwiches. I also like to serve it as one of my party dips along with tortilla chips.
Cucumber dip with cream cheese ingredients
- Softened Cream Cheese -Cream cheese is the real hero in this delicious dip, giving it texture and creaminess.
- Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise helps thin the dip and adds some flavor. Use any kind of mayonnaise you like; low-fat mayo will work well too. You can also substitute sour cream or Greek yogurt if that's all you have on hand.
- Onion - Dried minced onion adds a pop of onion flavor without adding any onion chunks.
- Red Bell Pepper - Diced red bell peppers add some crunch and color to this cucumber dip. You can also use green bell peppers, orange or even yellow.
- Fresh Lemon Juice - Freshly squeezed lemon juice imparts the best flavor but jarred also works.
- Worcestershire Sauce -Worcestershire sauce adds the perfect umami flavor so don't leave it out.
- Cayenne Pepper - A pinch of cayenne pepper adds a touch of spice.
- Dried dill -Dried dill adds an earthy, herby flavor but you can also use fresh dill weed.
- Salt - Salt enhances the flavor of this dip.
- Black Pepper - Black pepper adds the finishing touch.
How to make easy cream cheese cucumber dip
Step 1: Add softened cream cheese and mayo to a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, red bell pepper and onion.
Step 3: Refrigerate dip for 1 hour before serving. Serve with vegetables sticks, on bread or use cucumbers as chips for dipping.
Yes, this cream cheese dip is good for any vegetable you like dipping. It can also be used for potato chips or corn chips.
Yes, this dip can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a few days.
This dip uses cream cheese as a base while tzatziki is usually made with yogurt.
Recipe Tips For This Easy Cucumber Dip
Use a food processor. If you like a really super smooth dip, place the ingredients in the food processor and process until you get your preferred consistency. If you don't have a food processor you can also use a hand mixer.
Give it a stir. If you find the ingredients have separated the next day just give it a stir.
Add more spice. Feel free to add some garlic powder, or onion powder to this cucumber dip recipe for added flavor.
How to make cucumber tea sandwiches
Step 1: Take your favorite bread and cut off the crusts. You can throw them out for the birds or make your own bread crumbs.
Step 2: Take one piece of bread and apply a liberal amount of the cream cheese dip and then top with a thinly sliced cucumber.
Step 3: Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve.
Ways to serve this simple cucumber cream cheese dip
As a dip: Use this cream cheese dip to add flavor to your favorite vegetables. Cut up carrots, broccoli, peppers, cucumbers; mini cucumbers, English cucumbers or Persian cucumbers all work, cauliflower or any fresh vegetables you have on hand.
As a sandwich spread: Slather the spread on your favorite bread before adding ham, cheese, bologna or any other deli meats.
Mix with tuna or egg: Combine this savory dip with hard boiled eggs to make an egg salad sandwich or stir it into a can of tuna for a tuna salad sandwich. Add in chopped celery, green onions or olives for more flavor and texture.
As a dressing in a donair/pita: Spread some of this cream cheese dip inside a pita and add shish taouk, falafel or roasted vegetables.
Leftover cream cheese cucumber dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I do not recommend freezing this dip.
More dip recipes
Cream Cheese Cucumber Dip
- Add softened cream cheese and mayo to a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer combine until light and creamy.8 ounce Softened Cream Cheese, ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- Mix in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, red bell pepper and onion.1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice, ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce, ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, ¼ teaspoon Salt, ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, ½ cup Diced Red Bell Pepper, ¼ cup Onion
- Refrigerate dip for 1 hour before serving. Serve with sliced cucumbers on bread or use cucumbers as chips for dipping.