Air Fryer Mexican Pizza is a delicious and easy to make dish that combines everyone's favorites; tacos and pizza. This copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is a crispy, savory, and cheesy dish that cooks up in minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Why You'll Love These Mexican Pizzas
- Ingredients for Mexican pizzas
- How to make Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
- Kitchen Tool to make Air Fryer Mexican Pizzas
- Mexican pizza variations
- What to serve with Mexican pizzas
- How to store leftover air fryer mexican pizza
- Oven instructions for making Mexican pizza
- More air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
This recipe for Mexican pizza is a keeper! The combination of savory, Mexican-flavored ground beef layered with tortillas, cheese, salsa, and all your other favorite taco or pizza toppings is the ultimate crowd-pleaser.
Serve this one for a busy weeknight dinner, kid's birthday parties, or family gathering.
Why You'll Love These Mexican Pizzas
- Who doesn't love pizza? It's the perfect combination of pizza and Mexican flavors. There's really nothing better.
- Customizable: Change up the ingredients to suit your taste; use a different cheese, use ground chicken instead of beef, use a tomatillo salsa, or change it up however you like using your favorite taco toppings. I especially like black olives, but your whole family can create their own version of this air fryer Mexican pizza recipe.
- Quick dinner: In less than 25 minutes, you can have this meal on the table.
- Change of pace: This recipe for easy air fryer Mexican pizza is a great alternative to taco night.
Ingredients for Mexican pizzas
- Flour Tortillas - Flour tortillas make a great pizza base. If need be, you can use gluten-free tortillas or low-carb tortillas.
- Ground Beef - Choose lean ground beef for these Mexican pizzas.
- Taco Seasoning - Taco seasoning adds a Mexican flavor. You can use store bought or make your own using this homemade taco seasoning recipe.
- Hot Sauce
- Salsa - Salsa infuses the ground beef with Mexican flavoring. If you don't have any salsa you can use tomato sauce or water. Or substitute with your preferred taco sauce.
- Cream Cheese - Full-fat or low-fat cream cheese both work to add creaminess to this pizza recipe.
- Monterey Jack Cheese - Monterey Jack cheese adds to the 'Mexican-inspired' flavor of the pizzas.
- Cheddar Cheese - Cheddar cheese adds more cheesy goodness.
- Enchilada Sauce - Enchilada sauce adds more Mexican flavor and is used instead of pizza sauce on top of the tortillas.
How to make Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 3: Add taco seasoning, hot sauce, salsa, and water. Bring the meat mixture to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Step 4: Remove meat from heat and mix in cream cheese.
Step 5: Lay a tortillas in the air fryer basket or on a baking sheet and place an equal amount of the ground beef mixture on this first tortilla.
Step 6: Place a second tortilla over the ground beef mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of red enchilada sauce, 2 tablespoons of Monterey jack cheese, and 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese over each tortilla, leaving ¼ inch of tortilla uncovered.
Step 7: Place tortillas in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes at 400 degrees.
Step 8: Carefully remove the pizza from the air fryer and top the tortilla pizza with your favorite toppings: salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, and cilantro. Slice and serve.
- Don't over fill the pizza. I tend to overfill tacos and overtop pizza, but you'll end up with a mess if you put too much meat or cheese on the pizza. Once the pizza is cooked, load on all your favorite toppings!
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge so it has time to soften before you add it to the ground beef. You can also cube it so it melts faster.
- Pick up shredded cheese at the grocery store so that meal prep is even quicker.
- Prepare the ground beef as part of your meal prep session and store it in the fridge so you just have to layer and cook the pizzas. This will help with those busy weeknights.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice through the crispy tortillas.
- If you've run out of cheddar cheese use mozzarella cheese instead.
- To prepare this Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe in the oven, place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown.
Kitchen Tool to make Air Fryer Mexican Pizzas
Reheat at 400 degrees for 2 - 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through.
Yes, you absolutely can cook pizzas in an air fryer. You can cook pizzas prepared on fresh dough, on tortillas, or even frozen pizzas.
It depends on how thick your crust is and how many toppings you have included, but it should take between 5-10 minutes.
Both methods work well but air frying ensures the pizza cooks evenly and the crust gets nice and crispy.
Mexican pizza variations
- Use ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
- Try different types of salsa to add flavor to the ground beef.
- Stir in a jalapeno, chipotle in adobo sauce, or chipotle chili powder, to add some spice to the ground beef.
- Make a vegetarian version using a layer of refried beans or black beans instead of ground beef.
- Substitute corn tortillas or tostadas for the flour tortillas.
What to serve with Mexican pizzas
Serve a Classic Wedge Salad or a garden salad to go with the pizzas. Refried beans and Spanish rice are other great options to serve with these delicious pizzas.
How to store leftover air fryer mexican pizza
Fridge: Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Freezer: Wrap the homemade Mexican pizzas in plastic wrap or place them in a zip top freezer bag and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, then heat in the air fryer or toaster oven.
Oven instructions for making Mexican pizza
Follow the instructions in the recipe card until it comes to putting the pizza in the air fryer basket.
Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden brown.
More air fryer recipes
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
- Air Fryer Cheese Sticks
Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until there is no pink remaining. Drain any excess grease and return the meat to the skillet. Add taco seasoning, hot sauce, salsa and water. Bring the meat mixture to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove meat from heat and mix in cream cheese.1 pound Ground Beef, 1 packet Taco Seasoning, ½ cup Salsa, ¼ cup Water, 2 ounces Cream Cheese, 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Layer an 8" flour tortillas with the ground beef mixture evenly. Place a second tortilla over the ground beef mixture.8 8" Flour Tortilla
- Add 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce, 2 tablespoons Monterey jack cheese and 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese over the tortilla.½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, 4 ounces Enchilada Sauce, ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- Place tortillas in air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Check pizza to see if it has browned and the cheese is melted. Continue cooking in increments of 2 minutes until the pizza is ready. Repeat these steps for the next three pizzas.
- Top pizza with toppings including salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, and cilantro.Sour Cream, Diced Tomatoes, Cilantro, Shredded Lettuce, Green Onions, Salsa
- Slice and serve.