Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts bake up crispy with seasoned breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and they are delicious served with a side of marinara or a garlic aioli.
This appetizer has become one of my favorite recipes when I am in a pinch for time. Just 15 minutes from start to finish!
With the recent craze for Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts on TikTok, I had to give them a try, and I love how they turned out.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE CRISPY ARTICHOKES
- These artichokes are a great way to use your air fryer. Has it been a while since you had yours out?
- This recipe does not require fresh artichokes and is created with common ingredients that are probably already in your pantry.
- This easy appetizer can be made in just 15 minutes.
- If you are on a low-carb diet, these little bites are a great option.
- You will love these artichoke hearts with my homemade marinara as a dipping sauce.
HOW DOES AN AIR FRYER WORK?
An air fryer is much like a convection oven. It cooks by blowing hot air around the food, making it crispy without needing a ton of oil. If you don't have an air fryer yet, check out 9-Top Rated Air Fryers before you buy.
- Artichoke Hearts Quarters - I prefer canned artichoke hearts that come in a brine instead of marinated hearts for this recipe. If you have a can with whole artichokes, cut down the center of the artichoke to make halves or quarters.
- Italian Breadcrumbs - If you are using plain breadcrumbs be sure to add ¼ - ½ tsp of Italian seasoning to the crumbs.
- Panko Breadcrumbs give a little extra crunch to the artichoke hearts.
- Parmesan Cheese - I use my zester to get a very fine texture.
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes - If you prefer less heat add black pepper as a substitute.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS TO MAKE AIR FRYER ARTICHOKES
STEP 1: Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees and spray the basket with cooking spray.
STEP 2: Drain artichoke hearts and dry them with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
STEP 3: Toss artichoke hearts with olive oil in a small bowl. Next, add Parmesan cheese, seasoned breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt.
STEP 4: Toss until each artichoke is coated in the breadcrumb mixture.
STEP 5: Place an even layer of artichokes in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes. Work in batches to ensure they do not get overcrowded.
STEP 6: At 5 minutes, shake the basket and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
STEP 7: Serve with warm marinara immediately. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer.
WAYS TO SERVE AIR FRYER ARTICHOKES
Pasta - Serve the crispy hearts over a pile of pasta with marinara or alfredo sauce.
Appetizer - Create a quick lemon garlic aioli sauce or Fresh Basil Pesto for dipping.
Side Dish - Serve with lemon wedges.
Salad - Make an artichoke salad with a bed of lettuce and this Simple Lemon Vinaigrette.
WANT TO STORE THESE ARTICHOKES FOR LATER? HERE'S HOW:
Fridge: Let the artichokes cool completely, then place them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheating in the air fryer: A great way to reheat the artichokes is to put them back into the air fryer. No additional oil is needed. Reheat in 3 minute increments until they are hot.
MORE MEMORIABLE AIR FRYER RECIPES
Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
- Air Fryer
- 1 13.75 can Artichoke Heart Quarters
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Fresh Basil or Parsley Garnish
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees and spray basket with cooking spray.
- Drain artichoke hearts and pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Gently toss artichoke hearts with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, seasoned breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Place artichoke hearts in a single layer into the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes.
- At 5 minutes shake basket or flip each heart and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm marinara immediately.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! I'd love to hear how it turned out in the comments below.