Make this delicious Tequila Gimlet for your next happy hour!
While the original gimlet recipe was made of equal parts gin and rose's lime juice, this Tequila Gimlet is a bit different with real lime juice and simple syrup.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS DRINK
Short prep time - This tequila gimlet recipe is elegant to serve and can be ready to go in just a few minutes.
Twist on a classic gimlet- The substitution of tequila is a delight.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Tequila - Any tequila will work great with this recipe! Blanco Tequila, also called silver tequila, is a great option!
- Fresh Lime Juice - Real lime juice has a much better and stronger taste than bottled lime juice. My preference is lime juice over lemon juice.
- Simple Syrup - This liquid sweetener adds just the right amount of sweetness to make this the perfect drink. See how to make simple syrup below.
- Garnish - Use either a lime wedge or lime wheel as garnish.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 2: Strain mixture into a chilled cocktail glass or a rocks glass filled with fresh ice cubes. This cocktail is beautiful served in a martini glass.
Step 3: Garnish with a lime wheel.
FACTS AND COMMON QUESTIONS
Simply combine equal parts sugar and water over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 30 days.
In the late 18th century, British sailors were given the cocktail to help ward off scurvy.
Agave syrup, agave nectar or maple syrup can be substituted for simple syrup.
WANT TO STORE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER? HERE’S HOW…
Fridge: Ideally, you should drink any tequila soon after it is made. If needed, you can refrigerate in an air-tight container for a few days.
Freezer: If you want to make some extra servings and freeze them, store in an airtight container for up to two months.
WAYS TO USE THIS TEQUILA GIMLET
- Holidays and Events - Any holiday is a great time to break out this simple drink! It's a sure way to impress your friends! If you want to get fancy, pour the cocktail into a coupe glass, add a sprig of rosemary and a lime wheel as garnish.
- Happy Hour - Get the gang together and make up a pitcher of this delicious cocktail.
MORE MEMORABLE COCKTAIL RECIPES
Tequila Gimlet Recipe
- Add the tequila, lime juice and simple syrup to a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled glass or a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
- Simple Syrup - Simply combine equal parts sugar and water over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 30 days.
- Create a gin gimlet or vodka gimlet by subbing out the tequila.