This is the BEST Hot Artichoke Dip you will ever make and the ultimate dip for your next get together! The creamy blend of sour cream, mayonnaise, and shredded parmesan pairs perfectly with the tangy marinated artichoke hearts.
Looking for more hot dip options? Try my Cheesy Bacon Dip.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS DIP
It's a people pleaser! Serve this dip at your next party or get-together with tortilla chips or crackers and watch it disappear in minutes!
It's quick and easy! With just a few simple ingredients, this delicious dip is done in under thirty minutes.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts - If using canned artichoke hearts, be sure they are marinated.
- Mayonnaise - The base of this dip.
- Sour Cream - To reduce the calories substitute Greek yogurt.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese - To get the best texture, do not use pre-shredded cheese.
- Fresh Cloves of Garlic
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper - Feel free to adjust the amount of pepper to your taste preference.
- Optional: A sprinkle of red pepper flakes for added heat or some chopped green onions for added freshness.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: To a small bowl, add chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and black pepper. I use a food processor to chop the artichoke hearts.
Step 3: Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 4: Spread the dip into the prepared baking dish.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes.
Step 6: Serve immediately with crackers, pita bread, toasted baguette bread, or crusty bread.
Facts and Common Questions
Yes, you can make the dip in advance and store it covered in the fridge. Simply bake right before serving.
This dip is naturally gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free crackers or bread for serving.
Yes, substitute the mayo and sour cream with a dairy-free alternative and use vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast in place of regular parmesan cheese. Adjust any other ingredients as needed to fit your dietary preferences. Simple ingredients are what make this recipe super delicious.
You can add any kind of seasoning you want to the dip! Fresh spinach is always an added bonus.
You can use bagel chips, carrot sticks and celery sticks, toasted baguette bread and tortilla chips for this cheesy dip. French bread is one of my favorite dippers.
MIX IT UP
- Try serving this dip with some sliced veggies for a healthy option.
- Mix in some diced red peppers or green onions for added flavor and texture.
- Top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for an extra kick of heat.
- Sprinkle in green chilies for a trendy spicy twist.
Want to store this recipe for later? Here's how...
Fridge: Store leftover dip in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Make sure you cover it with plastic wrap.
Freezer: Freeze the dip in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge before reheating and serving.
Reheating: Reheat in a 350-degree oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!
Ways to Use This Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Serve as a party appetizer on New Years Eve or for any upcoming get togethers.
- Add to a charcuterie board.
- Up your sandwich game and create a grilled sandwich with the dip. Yum!
- Serve with vegetables for a healthy snack option.
- Top on grilled chicken for a hearty dinner.
- Mix into pasta for a creamy, flavorful twist on traditional pasta dishes.
MORE MEMORABLE APPETIZER RECIPES
Hot Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a small bowl, add chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan cheese, minced garlic and black pepper.
- Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the dip into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crackers, pita bread or toasted baguette bread.