Looking for a burst of tropical flavors? Try this mouthwatering Mango Salsa with Corn recipe!
Grab a bag of chips and enjoy a colorful salsa made with sweet mango, fresh corn, and crisp cucumber, all in a tangy lime dressing perfect for summer gatherings or Taco Tuesdays.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
Why you will love this mango corn salsa recipe
Refreshing and tropical flavors - The sweetness of the mango brings a burst of tropical flavors creating the perfect balance with the spicy jalapeno.
So many ways to serve - Keep reading, and I'll give you many tips for enjoying the fresh flavors of mango salsa.
Nutritional benefits - Mango is not only delicious but also packed full of beneficial nutrients.
Make ahead: It's an excellent recipe for a party or family gathering.
- Fresh Mango - I have used frozen mango in a pinch but I prefer fresh.
- Fresh Corn - I love to grab fresh sweet corn from the farmer's market to make this mango salsa recipe. You can use canned corn if corn is not in season.
- Red Bell Pepper - I prefer the sweet flavor of red bell pepper over green bell pepper for this recipe.
- Red Onion - Dice up the red onion finely. You can use white onion or yellow onion, but my preference for salsa is red.
- Cucumber - You'll love the freshness cucumber brings to the salsa.
- Jalapeno Peppers - Add more or less depending on your preferred spice level. Anaheim pepper or Serrano peppers can be substituted depending on the spice level you are trying to achieve.
- Fresh Lime Juice - Instead of bottled lime juice, use fresh.
- Fresh Cilantro - Substitute fresh parsley or fresh basil if you do not like cilantro.
- Salt - Season according to how you will be serving the salsa.
Step-by-step directions for making mango corn salsa
Step 1: Add cooked corn kernels that have been cut from the cob to a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
Step 3: Allow flavors to blend at room temperature for 30 minutes, then chill until time to serve.
The best ways to serve mango salsa with corn
- Fish Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos
- The salsa pairs perfectly with this Air Fryer Salmon recipe.
- Chicken Tacos with mango salsa are excellent.
- Take a block of goat or cream cheese and spread the salsa over the top. Serve with lavash flatbread, baguette bread, or pita chips.
- Grilled pork tenderloin - Lightly season pork tenderloin and grill to 145 degrees. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with mango salsa.
- Serve over Mexican Chicken Breasts. So good!
- Mango salsa is the perfect Cinco de Mayo recipe to serve with chips and red salsa.
- Spice up cheese quesadillas with this salsa served on the side.
How do you cut a mango
Using a sharp knife, cut each side of the mango just past the seed, about ¼ inch from the center. Next, slice the flesh without breaking the skin and cut again in the opposite direction. Scoop out the mango with a large spoon.
Fridge: Store mango salsa with corn in an airtight container for up to three days.
Freezer: Although the texture will change slightly, it is possible to freeze the salsa for up to 2 months. It's much better to serve over a protein than with chips after it has thawed.
- Did you know you can purchase mango peeled and sliced? You'll still need to dice them, but it's a nice shortcut.
- Grill the corn to add a smokey flavor to the salsa.
- Select a ripe mango for the best flavor. Look for mangoes with smooth, blemish-free skin and a fragrant aroma. Gently squeeze the fruit. It should be firm but give slightly when ripe.
- Mango pairs well with a variety of ingredients. Consider including diced tomatoes, black beans, or avocado in the salsa.
- Let the salsa sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut cucumber and mango into small pieces so the salsa will sit easily on a chip.
You can substitute fresh basil or parsley for the cilantro in mango salsa.
Although the texture will change slightly, it is possible to freeze the salsa for up to 2 months. It's much better to serve over a protein than with chips after it has thawed.Place in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
More of my favorite recipe
Mango Salsa with Corn
- Add cooked corn kernels that have been cut from the cob to a large bowl.2 cups Fresh Mango, ¼ cup Red Bell Peppers, ½ cup Red Onion, ¾ cup Cucumber, 1 Tbsp Jalapeno, 1 Juice from lime, ⅔ Tbsp Cilantro, ½ tsp Salt
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Allow flavors to blend at room temperature for 30 minutes, then chill until time to serve.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.