Easy Mexican Salsa can be made in just 5 minutes and tastes like what they serve at your favorite local Mexican restaurant. It’s healthy, fresh and perfect with all your favorite southwest recipes.
I can never stop eating the chips and salsa when we go out to a Mexican restaurant. This salsa is no different. Don’t fight it, it’s a battle you don’t really want to win!
Serve this salsa with chips for easy entertaining, over tacos, or it’s really delicious with my Cream Cheese Enchiladas.
- Whole Plum Tomatoes – Use a good quality brand.
- Onion – You can rough chop the onion, but the processor will do most of the work.
- Cilantro – Go ahead and throw in the stems, they are full of flavor.
- Jalapeno Diced – Remember the seeds are what brings the heat, so only add a few if you don’t like it hot.
- Sugar – Just a pinch of sugar helps with the acidity of tomatoes.
- Chipotle Chili Powder – The chipotle in the chili powder offers a smokey flavor, but the recipe will be great with regular chili powder if that’s what you have on hand.
SPICE IT UP
My husband is from Minnesota and always says the hottest thing he had growing up was ketchup. Although, I have been working on him for years, he still doesn’t like anything too hot.
This recipe has just a little bit of a kick. If you like it spicy, add the seeds from the jalapeno or a dash of red pepper flakes.
HOW TO MAKE EASY MEXICAN SALSA
Add the plum tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, juice from 1/2 lime and spices to a food processor.
Pulse until the salsa is the consistency you prefer. Now, be sure to taste test to see if you need more sugar, salt or heat.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will help all the flavors come together, plus I like my salsa cold.
ANOTHER SALSA RECIPE YOU MIGHT ENJOY
The salsa will last in the fridge four to six days, if stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator. This recipe gets better with time, so plan to make it a day before serving if possible.
EASY MEXICAN SALSA
Easy Mexican Salsa Recipe
- 1 28 oz Can Whole Plum Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno Diced
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until the salsa is the consistency you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until serving.