Ranch Bacon Chicken Pasta has an incredible flavor combination with it’s juicy chicken, crisp bacon, and fresh bell peppers all tossed in a light zesty cream sauce. With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes!
I make Ranch Bacon Chicken Wraps for my family all the time. As I was making wraps to send to my son in college, I ran out of tortillas. The idea of Ranch Bacon Chicken Pasta came from that left over chicken mixture.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE RANCH BACON CHICKEN PASTA
- Bow Tie Pasta – Otherwise known as Farfalle. You could also use Penne, Rigatoni or Elbow Macaroni.
- Ranch Dressing – Use whatever brand you have in the fridge.
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese – I consistently find Kraft’s version of Jalapeno cheddar, but you could use another brand or if you aren’t crazy about spicy, sub Monterrey Jack or Colby Jack cheese.
- Half & Half – If you don’t have any on hand, milk will work as a substitute.
- Diced Red Bell Pepper – Diced up real small is the way I like it in this dish.
- Green Onions – Sprinkle over the top when serving.
- Bacon – You could make this recipe with no bacon, but not around here.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooked Chicken – Pound chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thickness. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165. The high heat plus short cook time makes the chicken super juicy and tender. Dice into small bite size pieces.
HOW TO MAKE RANCH BACON CHICKEN PASTA
Cook pasta according to package directions. It’s best to add the pasta to the sauce immediately after the pasta is finished cooking.
In a skillet, add diced red bell pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
Add diced chicken, bacon, ranch dressing, half and half and cheese. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and the cheese begins to melt.
Add hot pasta to skillet and mix until pasta is coated with the sauce.
Sprinkle with green onion and serve immediately.
Store left over pasta in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk when reheating pasta.
RANCH BACON CHICKEN PASTA
Ranch Bacon Chicken Pasta
- 2 c Diced Cooked Chicken
- 8 oz Bow Tie Pasta
- 1/3 c Cooked Bacon Crumbles
- 1/3 c Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 c Ranch Dressing
- 1 c Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c Half and Half
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Diced Green Onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, add diced red bell pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add chicken, bacon, ranch dressing, half and half and cheese. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and the cheese begins to melt.
- Add hot pasta to skillet and mix until all pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve immediately.
If you are a pasta lover like me, I bet you’ll like my Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe.