Dress up lemonade, pancakes and cocktails with this Strawberry Simple Syrup recipe. This delicious sweet syrup is made with four basic ingredients including strawberries, sugar, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and water.
Add this syrup to Fresh Squeezed Lemonade for a refreshing fun summer drink.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS SYRUP
- There are so many ways to use this syrup.
- You can make simple syrup in less than 30 minutes.
- It's so easy! If you can boil water you can make this recipe.
- Strawberry syrup can last, sealed in the refrigerator, for up to a month.
- Fresh Strawberries - I love to use the fresh berries. Frozen will work, but during the peak of strawberry season I'm always going to use fresh.
- Granulated Sugar - The secret to any kind of simple syrup is always sugar!
- Lemons (juiced) - The lemon juice brightens the syrup.
- Water -A little bit of water helps bring this simple syrup to life.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
Step 1: In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, add 1 lb strawberries, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, and 1 cup of water.
Step 2: Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes. You will want all of the sugar to be completely dissolved.
Step 3: Strain syrup through a fine mesh strainer and press the strawberries with the back of a wooden spoon to help release all the juices. A potato masher works great too.
Step 4: Pour the syrup into an airtight container.
WANT TO STORE THIS FOR LATER? HERE HOW:
To store: Pour the syrup into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. I like to use a mason jar.
To freeze: Pour the syrup into an ice cube tray and freeze. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe bag or container. The syrup will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. Make sure you use a freezer-safe container.
WAYS TO USE THIS SYRUP
There are so many ways to use this strawberry simple syrup recipe! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Add it to your favorite cocktail or mocktail or iced tea. I especially like it for strawberry mojitos!
- Use in place of maple syrup on pancakes and waffles.
- Drizzle it over yogurt or oatmeal.
- Use it as a fruit dip or fruit syrup.
- Drizzle over a fresh fruit salad.
- Add it to seltzer water for a delicious strawberry soda.
- It's delicious over ice cream.
- Make homemade strawberry milk.
- Drizzle over angel food cake.
- Make Strawberry Lemonade using the syrup.
What is your favorite way to use simple syrup? Let us know in the comments below!
FACTS AND COMMON QUESTIONS
There are about 460 calories in 1 cup of strawberry simple syrup.
To make this recipe sugar-free, you'll need to use a sugar substitute..
Here is an option. Sugar Free Simple Syrup Recipe
Yes, there is a difference! Strawberry syrup is made with strawberries, whereas simple syrup is just sugar and water.
This syrup will last in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. Be sure to store in an airtight container.
MORE MEMORABLE RECIPE
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- To a small sauce pan add, strawberries, granulated sugar, fresh lemon juice and 1 cup water.1 lb. Strawberries, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 cup Water
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and press the strawberries with the back of a spoon to help release all the juices.
- Pour the syrup into an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.