Easy Honey Mustard Dressing is perfect on your favorite salad, as a dipping sauce with chicken tenders and fresh veggies or use it to spread over salmon fillets.
It's so easy to make, you may decide to leave behind your store-bought honey mustard for good! If you want to try another delicious salad try my Classic Wedge Salad with Steakhouse Blue Cheese Dressing.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
This recipe is super quick and easy to make and comes together in just 5 minutes.
In a small bowl or a mason jar, add:
- ⅔ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
If you are using a small bowl, whisk until the ingredients are incorporated and there are no lumps.
If using a mason jar, shake for 20 - 30 seconds or until the sauce is smooth.
SUGGESTIONS FOR HOW TO USE THIS HONEY MUSTARD
Chicken Tenders- This is the perfect dipping sauce for about any kind of chicken.
Salads- It is an excellent dressing for a side salad or dinner salad. Add chicken to include some protein to your leafy salads making them even more filling.
Air Fryer Cheese Sticks are another great dipping option for this dressing.
Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich - Marinade chicken breasts in the dressing for 2 - 3 hours. Grill the chicken and make a sandwich with provolone cheese, a pineapple ring, and extra sauce for dipping. So good!
I'd love to hear in the comments your favorite ways to use Honey Mustard Dressing.
You most likely have all of these easy ingredients in the fridge or pantry and you'll see it's so much better than store-bought dressing from the grocery store.
- Mayonnaise- Creates a delicious creamy texture, but you can substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise for a lightened up version of this recipe.
- Dijon Mustard - Gives a tangy, sharp flavor and adds a bit of spice.
- Yellow Mustard - A little yellow mustard gives a crisp tart and tangy flavor. Stoneground mustard would work as well, but the yellow will give the dressing a milder taste.
- Rice Vinegar - You can substitute apple cider vinegar for the rice vinegar. Though it tends to be more potent than rice vinegar, it's sweet-to-sour ratio and tangy but mild apple flavor is a close enough match to work in this dressing. I've also used red wine vinegar in a pinch.
- Honey - Perfect balance is found from the sweetness of the honey.
- Hot Sauce - Creates just the right amount of zip. Cayenne pepper is a good substitute, if hot sauce is not available.
- Optional Seasonings - Add ¼ tsp of garlic powder and paprika for additional flavor.
HOW LONG WILL THE DRESSING LAST?
Honey Mustard Dressing can be kept for up to three weeks in an airtight container.
ANOTHER HOMEMADE DRESSING
I am a huge fan of all homemade salad dressings. Be sure to try this Lemon Vinaigrette recipe for a quick and easy weeknight dinner salad.
EASY HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
Easy Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Keep refrigerated before serving.