BBQ Chicken Flatbread is loaded with many of my favorite ingredients: sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, tender chicken, crisp vegetables, and my favorite flavor of all, cilantro!
Flatbread as the crust
The flatbread makes having pizza night super simple and everyone can make their own exactly the way they are craving.
We love a thin crust pizza and flatbread gives the feeling of a crisp crust that cooks in just 15 minutes.
What you will need:
- Flatbread - Mostly likely found in the deli section at the grocery.
- Chicken Breast or Tenders
- BBQ Sauce - Use what you have on hand
- Corn on the Cob - Can corn works too. This gives the pizza a little sweet crunch
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Green Onion to garnish
- Cilantro to garnish
- Mozzarella Cheese - I like to shred my own cheese. You can get some large chunks of cheese when you grate yourself.
- Red Pepper Flakes - if you like a little heat
How to make BBQ Chicken Flatbread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a skillet, add 1 tbsp Olive Oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the pink is gone. Place chicken on a cutting board and run a knife through to make very small pieces.
Place one cob of corn in the microwave for 2 minutes. When cool, cut the corn off the cob. It's fine to use a can or frozen corn too.
Prep the red and green onion, and red bell pepper.
Grate mozzarella cheese. I prefer to grate my own cheese so that you can get a few bigger chunks on each pizza.
Place flatbread on cookie sheets.
Cover each flatbread with a thin layer of bbq sauce. I also add a little sauce to the chicken before adding it to the flatbread. We like it saucy!
Add the desired amount of each topping to each flatbread.
Bake in the oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Garnish with green onion and cilantro. I can't get enough of the fresh flavor of cilantro. If it's not your thing, you might try some fresh parsley to add a little freshness.
If you love this, you'll also want to try my BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread!
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- 4 8" Flatbread
- ½ c BBQ Sauce Plus, some to drizzle, optional
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese Block Grated
- 4 tbsp Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 3 c Chicken
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ c Red Onion sliced thinly Use as much as you prefer.
- 1 Green Onion sliced
- 1 Corn on the Cobb cut off the cob Can or frozen corn works as well
- Cilantro for garnish
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, add 1 tbsp Olive Oil. When the oil is hot add the chicken, salt and pepper and cook until the pink is gone. Place chicken on a cutting board and run a knife through to make very small pieces.
- Dice red bell pepper, cut red onion and green onion.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Place 1 cob of corn in microwave for 2 minutes. Cut corn off cob when it has cooled enough to handle.
- Place flatbread on two cookie sheets.
- Cover each flatbread with a thin layer of BBQ sauce.
- Add the desired amount of each topping.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish wish green onion and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Reheat in the microwave. Don't worry! The crust keeps its crunch. Or, place in a 350-degree oven until the cheese is melted.
I totally agree - love thin pizza crust. Great idea to use quick, store-bought flatbreads! And, it's wonderful that everyone can make their own exactly the way they want ... perfect for my picky daughter to be able to customize her own (and for my guys to be able to add all the extra red pepper flakes and cilantro they want!
So glad you enjoyed the pizza! Thanks for the comment!
This flatbread came out great! The vegetables were perfectly cooked, and it made such a simple yet delicious appetizer. I'll definitely make this again!
I'm so glad!! Thanks for the comment!
My husband is a bbq fanatic. He loves all things "cue". After tasking this recipe, he was over the moon. Thanks for sharing!
I'm so glad he approves!! Thanks for the comment!
Pizza made easy! making pizza is challenging, you made it easy by using flatbread. I always have flatbreads in my house, now I have a recipe on how to use them as pizza.
Easy to make and delicious. We all enjoyed this flatbread. I will make it again. Thanks so much for the recipe!
Love flatbreads and flavors her looks fantsstic. I cant wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing.
The corn adds such a nice pop of color! Loved this recipe!
I love simple and flavorful recipe like this one! Looks absolutely delicious, going to make it next week!
This would be such a great entertainer for my guests. I've got to add this list to my to-try list before the year ends!
This is a great recipe for those nights when you want to throw something delicous i can never say no to a Flat bread pizza! Yummy@