BBQ Chicken Flatbread is loaded with many of my favorite ingredients: sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, tender chicken, crisp vegetables, and my favorite flavor of all, cilantro!
Flatbread as the crust
The flatbread makes having pizza night super simple and everyone can make their own exactly the way they are craving.
We love a thin crust pizza and flatbread gives the feeling of a crisp crust that cooks in just 15 minutes.
What you will need:
- Flatbread - Mostly likely found in the deli section at the grocery.
- Chicken Breast or Tenders
- BBQ Sauce - Use what you have on hand
- Corn on the Cob - Can corn works too. This gives the pizza a little sweet crunch
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Green Onion to garnish
- Cilantro to garnish
- Mozzarella Cheese - I like to shred my own cheese. You can get some large chunks of cheese when you grate yourself.
- Red Pepper Flakes - if you like a little heat
How to make BBQ Chicken Flatbread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a skillet, add 1 tbsp Olive Oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the pink is gone. Place chicken on a cutting board and run a knife through to make very small pieces.
Place one cob of corn in the microwave for 2 minutes. When cool, cut the corn off the cob. It's fine to use a can or frozen corn too.
Prep the red and green onion, and red bell pepper.
Grate mozzarella cheese. I prefer to grate my own cheese so that you can get a few bigger chunks on each pizza.
Place flatbread on cookie sheets.
Cover each flatbread with a thin layer of bbq sauce. I also add a little sauce to the chicken before adding it to the flatbread. We like it saucy!
Add the desired amount of each topping to each flatbread.
Bake in the oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Garnish with green onion and cilantro. I can't get enough of the fresh flavor of cilantro. If it's not your thing, you might try some fresh parsley to add a little freshness.
If you love this, you'll also want to try my BBQ Pulled Pork Flatbread!
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- 4 8" Flatbread
- ½ c BBQ Sauce Plus, some to drizzle, optional
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese Block Grated
- 4 tbsp Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 3 c Chicken
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ c Red Onion sliced thinly Use as much as you prefer.
- 1 Green Onion sliced
- 1 Corn on the Cobb cut off the cob Can or frozen corn works as well
- Cilantro for garnish
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, add 1 tbsp Olive Oil. When the oil is hot add the chicken, salt and pepper and cook until the pink is gone. Place chicken on a cutting board and run a knife through to make very small pieces.
- Dice red bell pepper, cut red onion and green onion.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Place 1 cob of corn in microwave for 2 minutes. Cut corn off cob when it has cooled enough to handle.
- Place flatbread on two cookie sheets.
- Cover each flatbread with a thin layer of BBQ sauce.
- Add the desired amount of each topping.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish wish green onion and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Reheat in the microwave. Don't worry! The crust keeps its crunch. Or, place in a 350-degree oven until the cheese is melted.