This rich and creamy Parmesan Alfredo Sauce is effortless to prepare and is absolutely delicious!
I love this Alfredo sauce, whether over my favorite pasta, drizzled over vegetables, or for dipping a big piece of garlic toast! I'd even say it's better than Olive Garden's Classic Alfredo sauce recipe, and it's so easy to make, you will never want to buy the store-bought version ever again!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS PARMESAN ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE
- This easy Alfredo sauce only takes a few minutes to create a rich creamy delicious sauce with just a few simple ingredients.
- There are so many different ways to use this sauce. You'll find this is the best recipe to create many great weeknight meals.
- Parmesan flavor is front and center in this sauce.
- This simple recipe is the only Alfredo sauce recipe you will ever need.
HOW TO USE THIS CREAMY SAUCE
- Classic Chicken Alfredo- Grill chicken breast and service them over fettuccine pasta that has tossed in the sauce.
- Add Cajun seasoning - Make recipe as directed and add 1 - 2 tablespoons of Cajun spice to create a creamy creole flavored pasta.
- Italian Meatballs - These meatballs are a family favorite. I drizzle one cup of Alfredo sauce over the meatballs after they have simmered in my favorite Classic Marinara sauce. Delish!
- Favorite Pasta - An easy dinner idea is to toss the sauce with your favorite warm pasta.
- Veggies - Drizzle sauce over asparagus, broccoli or make zucchini noodles and keep dinner low-carb.
- Homemade Pizza - Use this sauce instead of a traditional red sauce as the base for your pizza.
- Panecetta or Bacon - Add crumbles of either and you'll have a restaurant quality meal.
Unsalted Butter -I often use salted butter when cooking, but it's better to make this recipe with unsalted butter because the Parmesan cheese is salty.
Fresh Garlic - Minced garlic is best, but 1 tsp of garlic powder will also work.
Parmesan Cheese - This hard cheese is absolutely delicious in this dish. It is sweet, nutty, salty, and is perfect by it's self, on a charcuterie board or in a savory dish like fettuccine Alfredo sauce.
Heavy Whipping Cream - You can substitute half and half or even whole milk for the cream, but for the best results use the heavy cream.
Salt & Black Pepper - Use fresh cracked pepper if you can.
Red Pepper Flakes and Fresh Parsley - For garnish.
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp for extra flavor.
Cream Cheese - Add a bit more richness with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
Lemon Juice -Adding 1 - 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, creates a beautiful brightness to the sauce.
HOW TO MAKE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO SAUCE
- STEP ONE: Melt butter with minced garlic over medium-low heat. Garlic should be fragrant, but keep the heat low to keep from burning it.
- STEP TWO: Add heavy cream to pan. Simmer mixture for 3-5 minutes until the liquid begins to thicken. Dot not boil liquid.
- STEP THREE: Add salt and pepper.
- STEP FOUR: Sprinkle in finely grated Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- STEP FIVE: Toss hot pasta noodles into sauce and service immediately. If the sauce is too thick you can loosen with some of the pasta water.
- STEP SIX: Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley
- Fresh Parmesan is better: Grate the Parmesan cheese yourself and save money. Fresh is so much better and the cheese in a can will cause the sauce to have a gritty texture.
- Stir often: Use a whisk to keep the ingredients incorporated.
- Do not overheat: This will cause the sauce to separate. A low heat is best.
- Serve Immediately: Get a pot of water boiling first thing so the pasta can cook while you are making the sauce.
MORE DELICIOUS ITALIAN RECIPES
PARMESAN ALFREDO SAUCE
Parmesan Alfredo Sauce
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Garnish Red Pepper Flakes & Fresh Parsley
- Melt ¼ cup butter with 1 clove minced garlic. Garlic should be fragrant, but keep the heat low to keep from burning it.
- Next, add 2 cup heavy cream. Simmer mixture for 3- 5 minutes until the liquid begins to thicken. Dot not boil liquid.
- Add ½ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt.
- Sprinkle in 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Toss hot pasta in the sauce and service immediately.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! I'd love to hear how it turned out in the comments below.