Cajun Spice Blend is made with eight spices that are more than likely in your spice drawer right now. Make this homemade version of Cajun seasoning for chicken wings, mixed vegetables or a flavorful pasta dish.
- Paprika - I prefer Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
WHAT TO MAKE WITH CAJUN SPICE BLEND
- Pasta - One of my favorite ways to add flavor to pasta is with this spice combination.
- Dips - Mix 2 Tbsp of the seasoning with 16 oz of sour cream. Use the dip for chips and veggies.
- Proteins - Sprinkle the seasoning on chicken, fish or pork tenderloin before grilling.
- Potatoes - It's great on wedges, fries or even with sweet potatoes.
- Chicken Wings
- Roasted Vegetables
- Shrimp - Add seasoning with some butter and saute shrimp for a quick dinner or easy appetizer.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CAJUN SPICE BLEND
This recipe will make approx. 10 Tbsp. You'll have enough for many recipes.
Add all the ingredients to a small canning or a recycled jelly jar. Shake until all the spices are well combined. Store the extra seasoning in the container for up to 6 months.
You can also use a bowl to mix, just be sure to store in an airtight container.
GIVE SPICE BLEND AS A GIFT
I love giving this spice blend as a hostess gift. Take a 2 oz canning jar, fill with seasoning, add a ribbon with a recipe attached and you’ll have the perfect little gift.
- Be sure to use an airtight container for storage.
- Label and date any leftover spice blend so that you can easily grab for your next Cajun dish.
- Be sure your spices are fresh.
CAJUN SPICE BLEND
Cajun Spice Blend
- 3 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Add ingredients to mason jar or recycle jelly jar. Shake to combine. You can also use a bowl to mix the spices, just be sure to store in an airtight container.
- Store for up to 6 months.