Crunchy, creamy, and bursting with flavor! This Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is the perfect side dish for any meal. Packed with crispy bacon pieces, fresh veggies, and a creamy dressing, it's a must-try recipe for your next gathering!
If you love a sweet dressing, you'll also love my Sweet Creamy Coleslaw recipe.
Original Recipe: November 2022 | Update: February 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Why you will love this easy broccoli salad
- Broccoli cauliflower bacon salad simple ingredients and substitutions
- Step-by-step instructions to make sweet broccoli salad with bacon
- Kitchen tools to make broccoli and cauliflower salad
- Tips for making broccoli and bacon salad
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad with Bacon Storage
- Broccoli salad recipe with bacon variations
- What to serve with cauliflower and broccoli salad with bacon
- More salad recipes
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon
Why you will love this easy broccoli salad
- It's the perfect side dish. This recipe always finds its way to the dinner table at my mother-in-law's house. Over the years, she has served it at almost all of our family gatherings.
- Great for any season. Serve it at a backyard BBQ, fish fry, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. The delicious flavors go with everything!
- Healthy Ingredients. The salad is loaded with fiber-rich broccoli and cauliflower.
- Next day - This delicious salad will hold up great for the next several days in the fridge.
Broccoli cauliflower bacon salad simple ingredients and substitutions
You will find a full ingredient list in the recipe card below.
- Fresh Broccoli Florets and Raw Cauliflower - Fresh vegetables are essential.
- Celery - I love the crunch!
- Green Onion - Some people prefer red onion, but I like the mild flavor of green onions in broccoli bacon cauliflower salad.
- Red Grapes - Green grapes, dried cranberries, or raisins can be substituted for red grapes.
- Bacon - Turkey bacon can be substituted, but I prefer the flavor the salty bacon brings to this salad.
- Mayonnaise - Some people add a touch of sour cream to a salad like this, but I prefer mayonnaise. Greek yogurt is a good substitute for mayonnaise, but it does change the flavor quite a bit. Substitute a light mayonnaise if you prefer.
- White Sugar - I have never used any sugar substitutes in this recipe.
- White Vinegar - I used apple cider vinegar and red wine vinegar when I was out of white vinegar.
- Optional - Crunchy sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds make a great addition to the salad.
Step-by-step instructions to make sweet broccoli salad with bacon
Step 1: Cook the bacon in a skillet until you have crispy bacon pieces. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. When cool, chop into small pieces. Approx. 6 slices of bacon.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower florets, raw broccoli, halved grapes, diced celery, green onion, and chopped bacon.
Step 3: Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar in a separate small mixing bowl. Pour dressing over the raw vegetables and stir until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
Step 4: Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Tips for making broccoli and bacon salad
- Cut fresh broccoli and cauliflower into small bite-size pieces for the best results.
- Don't skimp on the grapes. They're my favorite part!
- Use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip, for this salad.
- Don't be afraid to make this recipe ahead.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad with Bacon Storage
Fridge: Place any leftover salad in an airtight container. Even with the dressing on the salad, it will be delicious in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Be sure to give the salad a good toss before serving.
Freezer: We don't recommend freezing this salad.
Absolutely! Leave out the bacon to make this recipe vegetarian. You could also serve the bacon on the side if you have a guest who doesn't eat meat.
This salad goes great with burgers, holiday ham, BBQ, and fried chicken. Truly, this recipe is a great addition to almost any meal you plan.
Broccoli salad recipe with bacon variations
Create a broccoli salad with bacon and cheese by substituting broccoli for cauliflower and adding shredded or cubed cheddar cheese. You'll often find raisins in this type of salad instead of grapes.
What to serve with cauliflower and broccoli salad with bacon
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Meatball Sliders Recipe
- Italian Sausages
- Cornbread Cowboy Casserole
- Potato Stroganoff Dinner (Without Cream Soup)
More salad recipes
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do. If you make the recipe, tag me @cookingupmemoriesinsta on Instagram. I'd love to see what you are making!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. When it is cool, chop the bacon into small pieces.¾ cup Bacon (Approx. 6 slices)
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Cut grapes in half, chop celery, and slice green onions. In a large bowl, combine fruit, vegetables, and chopped bacon.1 head Raw Broccoli Florets, 1 head Raw Cauliflower, 2 cup Grapes, ½ cup Celery, ½ cup Green Onion
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.1 cup Mayonnaise, ¼ cup Sugar, 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- For best results, cut fresh broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Don't skimp on the grapes!
- Use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip, for this salad.
- This is an excellent make-ahead salad recipe. Add everything but the dressing to a large bowl. Dress the salad 30 minutes before serving.
- If you don’t have white vinegar on hand, you can substitute cider vinegar in it’s place.