Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon is full of crisp broccoli, cauliflower, red grapes, and bacon in a light creamy dressing. You will not be able to resist this flavor combination!
If you love a sweet dressing, you'll also love my Sweet Creamy Coleslaw recipe.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY BROCCOLI SALAD
- It's the perfect side dish. This recipe always finds it's way to the dinner table at my mother-in-law's house. Over the years, she has served it at almost all of our family gatherings.
- Great for any season. Serve it at a backyard BBQ, fish fry, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
- Healthy Ingredients. The salad is loaded with fiber-rich broccoli and cauliflower.
- 1 Head of Raw Cauliflower
- 1 Head of Raw Broccoli
- Green Onion
- Red Grapes
- Mayonnaise - Some people add a touch of sour cream to a salad like this, but I prefer mayonnaise.
- White Sugar
- White Vinegar - I've used both apple cider vinegar and red wine vinegar as a substitute.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE SWEET BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH BACON
Cook the bacon in a skillet until you have crispy bacon pieces. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. When cool, chop into small pieces. Approx. 6 slices of bacon.
In a large bowl, combine cauliflower florets, raw broccoli, halved grapes, diced celery, green onion, and chopped bacon.
Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar in a separate bowl. Pour dressing over the raw vegetables and stir until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DELICIOUS SALAD
- Cut fresh broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces for the best results. It's best if all the ingredients are similar in size.
- Don't skimp on the grapes. They're my favorite part!
- Use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip, for this salad.
- This is an excellent make ahead salad recipe. Add everything but the dressing to a bowl and store until you are ready to serve. Dress 20 minutes before serving.
WANT TO STORE THIS RECIPE FOR THE NEXT DAY? HERE'S HOW...
FRIDGE: Place any leftover salad in an airtight container. Even with the dressing on the salad, it will be delicious in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to give the salad a good toss before serving.
FREEZER: We don't recommend freezing this salad.
FACTS AND COMMON QUESTIONS
Absolutely! Leave out the bacon to make this recipe vegetarian. You could also serve the bacon on the side if you are having a guest that doesn't eat meat.
This salad goes great with burgers, a holiday ham, BBQ and fried chicken. Truly, this recipe is a great addition to most any meal you plan.
MORE MEMBORABLE SALAD RECIPES
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do. If you make the recipe tag me @cookingupmemoriesinsta on Instagram. I'd love to see what you are making!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon
- 1 Head Broccoli Chopped
- 1 Head Cauliflower Chopped
- 2 c Grapes Halved
- ½ c Celery Diced
- ½ c Green Onion Sliced
- ¾ c Bacon (Approx. 6 slices) Chopped
- 1 c Mayonnaise
- ¼ c Sugar
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. When it is cool, chop into small pieces.
- Combine cauliflower, broccoli, grapes, celery, green onion and bacon in a large bowl.
- In a mixing bow, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate. Serve chilled.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
- For best results, cut fresh broccoli and cauliflower in bite size pieces. It's best if all the ingredients are similar in size.
- Don't skimp on the grapes, they are my favorite part!
- Use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip for this salad.
- This is an excellent make ahead salad recipe. Add everything, but the dressing to a bowl. Dress the salad before serving.
- If you don’t have white vinegar on hand, you can substitute cider vinegar in it’s place.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! I'd love to hear how it turned out in the comments below.
Linger, Kristy Murray
Broccoli salad is one of my favorite salads ever and I have to agree the grapes are the BEST! I do not have a recipe for this, so I'm so excited that you posted it. It's definitely going in my repertoire of salads to make. It will be nice to have a healthy recipe in the mids of all of the heavy holiday food coming up.