Air Fryer Italian Sausage features a crispy and golden-brown exterior with a juicy, tender interior, thanks to its quick and even cooking method.
Serve them on a bun, in pasta, or as a quick bite-size appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Why you will love cooking Italian Sausage in the air fryer
- How to cook the best juicy sausage in the air fryer - Simple Steps
- Kitchen supplies to make Italian Sausage in the air fryer
- Italian Sausage Recipe Variations
- More topping ideas:
- How to cook frozen Sausage in the air fryer
- How to air fry peppers
- What to serve with Air Fryer Italian Sausages
- More air fryer oven recipes
- Italian Sausage in Air Fryer
Why you will love cooking Italian Sausage in the air fryer
It's the quick and easy way - Air fryers cook food faster than traditional methods, and Italian sausages are no exception. The air fryer is the easiest way and best way to cook Italian sausages, no matter how you plan to serve them.
Crispy Exterior: The air fryer uses hot air circulation to create a crispy outer layer on the sausages.
Easy Cleanup: Air fryers are known for being easy to clean. Many models have removable, dishwasher-safe parts, making the cleanup process quick and convenient.
Easy Dinner - With just a few simple ingredients from the grocery store, you can have this easy dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. It's hard to beat a 20-minute meal!
- Italian Sausage - 19-ounce package of Italian Sausage. You can use sweet Italian Sausage, mild Italian Sausage, or hot Italian sausage.
- Hot dog buns, ketchup, mustard and relish.
How to cook the best juicy sausage in the air fryer - Simple Steps
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees f.
Step 2: Place uncooked sausages in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 6 minutes, flip each sausage, and air fry for 6 more minutes or until the temperature is 160 degrees. Cooking time may vary depending on the air fryer mode
Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the sausage reaches a safe internal temperature.
Step 3: Serve on a bun with your favorite condiments.
Italian Sausage Recipe Variations
Italian Sausage Sandwich - Make a sausage sandwich with marinara, peppers, onions, mushrooms, melted cheese, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
Appetizer - Cut sausage into bit-size pieces, simmer with marinara sauce, and serve as an appetizer.
Other types of sausage - Use this cooking technique to make turkey sausage, chicken sausage, and bratwurst.
Pasta - After cooking the sausage in the air fryer, cut each link into bite-size coins, add them to marinara, and serve over pasta.
Sausage Roll - You can make a delicious sausage roll with some puff pastry and a sausage link.
More topping ideas:
- Pickled onions
- Caramelized onions
- Sauteed bell peppers
- Grainy mustard
- Allow leftover sausage to cool down to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Wrap the sausage individually in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container.
- Store them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freezer: Place in a freezer-safe airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to cook frozen Sausage in the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Place frozen Italian sausage in the air fryer. Cook for 5 minutes. Separate the sausage if they were frozen together. Cook for an additional 10 - 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Check the internal temperature of the sausages to be sure they are at 160 degrees.
How to air fry peppers
I love to add onions and peppers when making sausages in the air fryer.
Toss your veggies in a teaspoon of oil and add salt and black pepper. Add them to the air fryer and cook with the sausages.
Remove the peppers and onions when they are the texture you prefer.
Cooked temperature - Be sure to check the internal temperature of the sausages with an internal-read thermometer. Breakfast sausages and sausage links are considered done when the internal temperature reaches 160F. Cook time may vary depending on the model of your air fryer.
Spice it up - My husband doesn't like spicy food, but I love it. I purchase sweet Italian sausages and make a spicy Italian sausage by adding red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or sriracha sauce.
No olive oil necessary- Don't coat the Italian Sausage links in olive oil. Unlike vegetables and other proteins, it isn't necessary to add any oil.
Parchment paper - I like to add a bit of parchment to the bottom of my air fryer (under the grill pan) for quick cleanup.
What to serve with Air Fryer Italian Sausages
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Sweet Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Wedge Salad
- Baked Potatoes Bites
More air fryer oven recipes
- Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Thick Boneless Pork Chops
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating!
Italian Sausage in Air Fryer
- 1 package Italian Sausage 5 links
- Optional: Buns, ketchup, mustard and relish.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.1 package Italian Sausage
- Place uncooked sausages in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 6 minutes, flip each sausage, and air fry for 6 more minutes or until the temperature is 160 degrees. Cooking time may vary depending on the air fryer model.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite condiments.Optional: Buns, ketchup, mustard and relish.