Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes are roasted with just a few simple ingredients creating an easy and elegant side dish. These potatoes are delicious with grilled chicken, burgers or they pair up perfectly with your favorite cut of beef.
WHAT ARE FINGERLING POTATOES?
Fingerling potatoes are their own variety of potato, but sometimes they get confused with new potatoes because of their size. Fingerling potatoes are a fully matured potato with an elongated shape.
These potatoes come in a variety of different colors including, yellow, orange, red, purple and of course white. They are known for their nutty flavor.
I love that there is no need to peel these potatoes. And, they are one of my favorite potatoes to use because when cut in half, they cook fast and get nice and crispy.
If you can't find fingerling potatoes at the grocery, new potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes are a great substitution.
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Olive Oil - Use a good quality olive oil for the best results.
- Fresh Rosemary - I love making these potatoes with fresh rosemary, but they are very good with dried as well. 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary equals 1 tsp dried.
- Seasoned Salt
- Green Onions or Parsley for garnish.
HOW TO COOK ROSEMARY FINGERLING POTATOES
First, preheat oven to 425 degrees and throw in a greased sheet pan to heat. This will give your potatoes a head start in getting crispy.
Next, toss potatoes in olive oil, seasoned salt, pepper, minced garlic and rosemary until well coated. Carefully, place potatoes in a single layer on the hot sheet pan.
Now it's time to get them in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. Garnish with green onion or parsley if you wish.
STORING AND REHEATING POTATOES
If you have any leftover potatoes, store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To reheat, throw them into a 400 degree oven for about 5 - 8 minutes or reheat in a cast iron skillet.
Serving these potatoes the next day with eggs for breakfast is a great way to use leftovers.
ROSEMARY FINGERLING POTATOES
Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and heat sheet pan.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, rosemary, season salt, minced garlic and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the hot sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping potatoes half way through.