Sweet Creamy Coleslaw can be made in just 5 minutes. It is creamy, delicious and my family loves it with just about any dinner I serve. I use the same dressing for my Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon. It’s tangy, sweet and creamy all at the same time.
Sweet Creamy Coleslaw is a great summer side dish that most everyone will enjoy. Serve it at any backyard BBQ, a picnic in the park or for all different holidays.
The tang from the vinegar and the sweet from the sugar make this the perfect go to salad for so many different occasions.
Coleslaw and BBQ
What is it about coleslaw and BBQ? I love these two together so much! My favorite way to serve this coleslaw is on the top of a pulled BBQ pork sandwich. It finishes the sandwich off like nothing else can. I also wouldn’t consider serving BBQ Ribs without this slaw for a side kick. All I can say is Coleslaw and BBQ, YUM!
Make ahead Coleslaw
This slaw can be made a day ahead. Just whip up the dressing and store in an airtight container until 1 hour before you are ready to serve. Toss the dressing and cabbage and let chill for about one hour before serving.
Leftover coleslaw will last in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
For me mayonnaise is always the answer. I didn’t grow up with Miracle Whip so I always use mayonnaise in my recipes, but you can certainly substitute equal parts Miracle Whip for the mayonnaise. At the end of the day it is just personal preference.
How to make Sweet Creamy Coleslaw
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar until well combined.
- Add cabbage to a large bowl and toss with dressing until well coated.
- Chill for one hour before serving and up to two days in the fridge.
- Before serving toss one more time to be sure everything is well coated
Sweet Creamy Coleslaw
Sweet Creamy Cole Slaw Recipe
- 2 10 oz Bag of Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 c Shredded Carrots
- 1 c Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 c Sugar
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Add cabbage to bowl and toss with dressing until well coated.
- Chill in the fridge for one hour before serving up to two days.