Sweet Creamy Coleslaw comes together in just 5 minutes. It's creamy, delicious and my family loves it with just about any dinner I serve.
Try this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon recipe. It's tangy, sweet and creamy all at the same time.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you decide to purchase through my link, I may earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you.
- WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY SUMMER SALAD
- WHY DOES COLESLAW GO SO GOOD WITH BBQ
- Coleslaw Ingredients
- HOW TO MAKE SWEET CREAMY COLESLAW
- Kitchen tools to make creamy coleslaw
- CAN THIS EASY SUMMER SALAD BE MADE AHEAD
- CAN I FREEZE THIS CREAMY COLESLAW SALAD
- WHAT IS THE BEST CABBAGE TO USE
- MAYONNAISE OR MIRACLE WHIP
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE
- More summer salads
- Sweet Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY SUMMER SALAD
Sweet Creamy Coleslaw is a great side dish everyone will enjoy. Serve it at a backyard BBQ, a picnic in the park or for any special occasion.
The creamy dressing creates the perfect balance with the tang from the vinegar and the sweet from the sugar. It's a go-to salad for so many different occasions.
WHY DOES COLESLAW GO SO GOOD WITH BBQ
What is it about coleslaw and BBQ? I love these two together so much! My favorite way to serve this homemade coleslaw is on the top of a BBQ pulled pork sandwich. You'll get rave reviews when you serve this classic side dish with my Instant Pot Pulled Pork.
I also wouldn't consider serving BBQ Ribs without this slaw as a side kick. All I can say is coleslaw and BBQ, YUM!
- Coleslaw Mix - It's easy to make this with a bag of slaw mix, but you can certainly use a mixture of red cabbage, purple cable, and green cabbage.
- Julienne Carrots - Purchased prepared or use a box grater to shred a medium carrot.
- Celery Seeds
- White Sugar
- White Vinegar - If you don't have any on hand, apple cider vinegar is my second choice.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CREAMY COLESLAW
Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, celery seeds, white vinegar, and sugar until well combined.
Step 2: Add shredded cabbage and carrots to a large bowl and toss with the dressing until everything is well coated.
Step 3: Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour before serving.
CAN THIS EASY SUMMER SALAD BE MADE AHEAD
Yes, this coleslaw can be made a day ahead. Just whip up the dressing and store in an airtight container until 1 hour before you are ready to serve. Toss the coleslaw dressing and cabbage and chill for one hour before serving.
Leftover coleslaw will last in the refrigerator for up to three days.
CAN I FREEZE THIS CREAMY COLESLAW SALAD
It is not recommended to freeze this slaw salad. The mayonnaise in the dressing tends to breakdown when it's thawed.
WHAT IS THE BEST CABBAGE TO USE
You can keep this recipe simple by using bagged cabbage mix or if you want to use a head of cabbage see how to to cut your own cabbage here.
MAYONNAISE OR MIRACLE WHIP
For me, mayonnaise is always the answer. I didn't grow up with Miracle Whip, so I always use mayonnaise in my recipes, but you can certainly substitute equal parts Miracle Whip for the mayonnaise. At the end of the day, it is personal preference.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE
- BBQ - Creamy Coleslaw is the perfect side kick for BBQ ribs, chicken and pork.
- Hot Dog and Hamburgers - Keep the backyard BBQ traditional simple with this easy to make side dish.
- Fish Tacos - Spicy fish accompanied by this sweet slaw would be a terrific combination.
- Crispy Fried Chicken is the perfect main course to go with this salad.
- I love to serve this slaw with pork sandwiches.
Transfer leftover coleslaw to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to give the slaw a stir before serving.
More summer salads
Sweet Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, celery seeds, vinegar, and sugar.1 cup Mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp White Vinegar, ¼ cup Sugar
- Add cabbage and carrots to a large bowl and toss with creamy dressing until well coated.2 10 oz Bag of Coleslaw Mix, ½ cup Shredded Carrots
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for one hour before serving.