Delicious Sweet Tuna Salad is full of craisins, green apples. crunchy celery and chopped salty pecans. This easy recipe can be made in just 15 minutes and will disappear just as quickly!
This is not your traditional tuna salad.
When I was a kid, my mom worked late on Tuesday nights, putting my dad in charge of dinner. Every week, we watched Happy Days and Lavern & Shirley while we scarfed down Sloppy Joes or Tuna Fish Sandwiches.
Back then, we mixed tuna in a bowl with mayonnaise and then added a layer of sweet sliced pickles.
Mixing up the ingredients
Recently, I decided to play around and see if I could get good results from traditional chicken salad ingredients but substituting tuna for chicken. Let's face it; tuna salad is just a tad bit easier because there is nothing to cook, and it's easy to keep a can of tuna on hand for sudden cravings.
You guys, this is absolutely the best tuna salad ever! Every bite has so much flavor! Never would I have thought to add pecans to tuna salad, but they make this Sweet Tuna Salad recipe out of this world!
How to make Sweet Tuna Salad
- Add drained tuna to a mixing bowl.
- Chop up all the add-in ingredient. I even give the craisins a rough chop.
- Add in the mayonnaise and mix until everything is well incorporated.
My favorite ways to serve
Serve this recipe to friends and family. All the different flavors will surprise and delight your guests.
- Crackers - I love this salad on a simple cracker.
- Charcuterie Board - The sweet flavors will be a great addition.
- Lettuce - Keep it low-carb and gluten free.
Sweet Tuna Salad
Sweet Tuna Salad
- 12 oz Tuna in water I like solid white albacore
- ½ c Green Apple diced
- ½ c Pecans chopped
- ½ c Celery chopped
- ½ c Craisins chopped
- ½ c Light Mayonnaise
- Drain tuna. Add all ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve on bread, crackers or lettuce cups.
I love this recipe!! Best tuna salad ever!
Oh good! I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe.
I love this too! Such a great fresh twist on tuna salad. LOVE the pecans!
I would add nuts to everything if I could!