Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie is full of tender chicken and mixed vegetables, all in a light cream sauce. Instead of a crust, this dish has cauliflower keeping the recipe low carb. Don't worry! It still has all the components of the comfort food you crave!
Pot Pie is traditionally a savory meat pie with a flaky pie crust topping. It can be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef, and pork. I love to use chicken, however, turkey works great in this recipe as well.
You'll find all the flavors of pot pie in this recipe, but it can be made in just 30 minutes. Therefore, dinner is done and on the table quickly with the extra bonus of having a low carb count.
Use your leftover turkey
It's Thanksgiving weekend and you are tired of turkey sandwiches. What should you do with the rest of the leftover turkey? This recipe works great with turkey too! Substitute with turkey and it becomes Low Carb Turkey Pot Pie.
What you will need:
- Chicken - Rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe.
- Carrots - diced
- Celery - diced
- Onion - diced
- Cauliflower Rice - I buy the kind in the frozen foods section.
- Chicken Broth
- Half and Half - Heavy Whipping Cream will work too!
- Garlic - You can substitute ½ tsp Garlic Powder if you don't have fresh garlic on hand.
How To Make Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie
Add vegetable oil to cast iron skillet. Once the oil is hot, add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic.
Cook over medium heat stirring often for approximately 5-8 minutes. You want the vegetables to become tender.
Add in cauliflower rice, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir mixture together.
Add in butter and melt. Next, add flour.
Cook for approx. 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring continuously.
Next, add chicken broth and simmer until the broth begins to thicken.
Add rotisserie chicken.
Now add half and half. Cook for another 2 - 3 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add vegetable oil to cast iron skillet. Once oil is hot, add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic.
- Simmer over medium heat stirring often for approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir mixture together.
- Add butter. Once the butter has melted, add flour and combine.
- Cook for approx 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until the broth begins to thicken.
- Add cooked chicken.
- Add half and half. Cook for another 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply