You will love gobbling up this easy Halloween Popcorn Mix while watching scary movies. It brings together salty + sweet in the most perfect way!
THE PERFECT HALLOWEEN PARTY TREAT
Forget boring popcorn balls and replace them with these gooey marshmallow bars topped with your favorite candies and salty nuts for all your Halloween parties. This recipe is kid-friendly (to eat and help make!) and can be made ahead of time!
If you'll be enjoying some football as part of your Halloween, check out my Game Day Snack Ideas!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS PARTY POPCORN
Think of this treat kind of like a rice krispy treat, but with popcorn. You'll love the sweet and salty flavors this fun treat brings.
- Serve it on a platter or cut them into squares and package individually in cellophane bags.
- If you like easy Halloween snacks, this recipe is for you.
- You can make substitutions with the sweet treats you already have in your pantry.
Don't forget to check out my dessert recipes if you have a sweet tooth or need a sweet treat for a get together!
- Marshmallows - Use the jumbo or mini marshmallows.
- Popped popcorn - You will need just under ½ cup of uncooked popcorn. I DO NOT use kettle corn for this recipe.
- Butter - Salted or Unsalted
- Vanilla - Optional
- Salted Cashew Halves - You can substitute any salty nut.
- Reeses Pieces - I love these peanut butter candies, but you can use milk chocolate M&M's if you have allergy concerns.
- Toffee - Use the ground toffee that comes in the isle next to the chocolate chips or break up a toffee bar into small pieces.
- Snickers - Two regular size Snicker bars or four snack size cut into small bite size pieces.
If you want to add fun Halloween sprinkles, gummy worms, googly eyes, candy pumpkins, or candy corn, you can dress up this marshmallow mixture any way you wish for all of your Halloween festivities.
INSTANT POT POPCORN
Have you ever made popcorn in your instant pot? It's simple and only takes a few minutes.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POPCORN
Turn on the saute feature on your instant pot. Once it's hot add either vegetable oil or coconut oil to the pot. Let the oil get hot for about 1 - 2 minutes. Next, add ½ cup popcorn kernels.
Put a clear glass lid on the pot and cook until you hear the kernels begin to stop popping.
Turn off the saute feature and let it sit for another 1-2 minutes. Once the popcorn is done, transfer to a large bowl. Now is the time to add any seasoning, but no need for this recipe. There will be plenty of flavor from the added ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN POPCORN MIX
STEP ONE: Start by getting your popcorn ready either by cooking in an air popper, using microwave popcorn, on the stovetop or in your instant pot. Set aside 8 cups. Use any extra as a snack as you create this spooky treat.
STEP TWO: Prep all of the toppings so that you can top them while the marshmallows are good and sticky.
STEP THREE: There is no need to use a double boiler to melt miniature marshmallows (any size will work). Add the marshmallows and the butter to a large glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the butter and marshmallow mixture. If the butter has not fully melted or the marshmallows are not completely melted, put it back for an additional 30 seconds.
STEP FOUR: Mix 2 cups of popped corn into the marshmallow mixture at a time. Continue to add until all 8 cups are combined.
STEP FIVE: Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a fancy platter if you prefer.
STEP SIX: Have the kids help with this part. Sprinkle all of the ingredients over the popcorn mixture and lightly press into the sticky popcorn.
STEP SEVEN: It's best if you place the popcorn mixture into the fridge for 1 - 2 hours to set up.
MORE GREAT TREATS FOR HALLOWEEN
Below are some of my other favorite treats to make for both Halloween and Fall!
HALLOWEEN POPCORN MIX
Halloween Popcorn Mix
- 8 cups Popped Popcorn About ½ cup popcorn kernels.
- 10 Ounces Marshmallows Any size.
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- ½ cup Salted Cashew Halves
- ¼ cup Reece's Pieces
- 1 bar Snicker Cut into small pieces.
- ¼ cup Toffee Bits
- Start by getting your popcorn ready either by cooking in an air popper, using microwave popcorn, on the stove top or in your instant pot. Set aside 8 cups. Use any extra as a snack as you create this spooky treat.
- Add the marshmallows and the butter to a large glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the butter and marshmallow mixture. If the butter has not fully melted or the marshmallows are not completely melted, put it back for an additional 30 seconds.
- Mix 2 cups of popped corn into the marsh mallow mixture at a time. Continue to add until all 8 cups are combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a fancy platter if you prefer.
- Sprinkle all of the ingredients over the popcorn mixture evenly and lightly press into the sticky popcorn.