Avocado Toast with Balsamic Glaze will quickly become your new favorite way to eat avocado toast. This recipe is the perfect breakfast, lunch, or snack with just six healthy ingredients.
You can purchase balsamic glaze ready to use (I love the glaze from The Tasteful Olive here in KC) or you can make your own.
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC GLAZE
Bring two cups of high-quality balsamic vinegar to a gentle boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
Once the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about ½ cup, remove from heat and let cool. It should take about 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator. Be sure to turn on the stovetop fan while the balsamic simmers!
HOW TO REMOVE THE PIT FROM AN AVOCADO:
- Cut the avocado vertically.
- Twist to separate the halves.
- Tap the knife onto the pit and twist slightly. The pit should release easily at this point.
- Use a spoon to loosen the flesh from the peel and scoop it into a bowl.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE BALSAMIC AVOCADO TOAST:
- Toasted Bread
- Ripe avocados
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Balsamic Glaze
- Salt - You can use a pinch of salt, but the bagel seasoning does have salt.
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Scoop the avocado into a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Toast a slice of bread until it is golden brown. Spread the creamy avocado spread mixture over the bread.
Slice tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes, but any type will work. Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning and then finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Eat immediately.
WANT TO STORE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER? HERE'S HOW...
Fridge: Store this easy recipe in an airtight container if you have any leftovers. Reheat in the microwave for 1 - 2 minutes if you like it warm, otherwise, I recommend eating it cold.
Freezer: We don't recommend freezing leftover avocado toast.
AVOCADO TOAST VARIATION
- Caprese Avocado Toast - Follow this recipe and add fresh mozzarella cheese and add fresh basil leaves.
- Try this traditional avocado toast recipe.
- Salsa Avocado Toast - Create a quick pico recipe with tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice. Serve on bread over avocado mixture.
- Smoked Salmon - Start with a layer of cream cheese, add mashed avocado, smoked salmon. and capers then finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bacon and Egg Avocado Toast - Add bacon over the avocado and finish with an over easy egg. I love this way!!
- Easy Avocado Toast - Slice avocado and serve on a piece of toast with a sprinkle of sea salt.
IS AVOCADO TOAST HEALTHY?
Here's the thing about avocados. Because they are a great source of vitamins, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. They're the "good" fat, so eat them often!
Add them to:
- Cold macaroni salad.
- Chicken, tuna, or egg salad. Replace some of the mayonnaise with this "good" fat.
- On top of a burger or most any sandwich.
- Salad - Greek Salad, Caesar Salad, Cobb Salad. All salads are improved with avocado!
- Everything Mexican is better with avocado.
- Use this same recipe but substitute a fried egg for the tomatoes and glaze. Another of my favorite ways to eat Avocado Toast.
If you dream it up, you can probably add avocado!
MORE MEMORABLE BREAKFAST RECIPES
Avocado Toast with Balsamic Glaze
- ⅓ Avocado
- 1 Squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice about 1 tsp.
- 1-2 Sliced Tomatoes
- 1 Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning about ¼ - ½ tsp
- 1 Drizzle Balsamic Glaze about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 slice Favorite Bread
- Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Toast the bread until it is golden brown.
- Slather the avocado mixture over the bread.
- Add a layer of tomatoes over the top of the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Drizzle Balsamic Glaze over tomatoes and avocado mixture.
- Eat immediately.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! I'd love to hear how it turned out in the comments below.
I'm late to the avocado toast game but I really enjoyed this combo. I used lime juice instead of lemon, and sprinkled with some red pepper flakes. Thanks!
Thank you Laura. I adore the idea of including a few red pepper flakes for a little kick!
equipment: toast LOL