Avocado Toast with Balsamic Glaze will quickly become your new favorite way to eat avocado toast. With just six healthy ingredients, this recipe is the perfect breakfast, lunch, or snack.
You can purchase balsamic glaze ready to use (I love the glaze from The Tasteful Olive here in KC) or you can make your own.
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC GLAZE
Bring two cups of high-quality balsamic vinegar to a gentle boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally. Once the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about ½ cup, remove from heat and let cool. Should take about 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator. Be sure to turn on the stove top fan while the balsamic simmers!
HOW TO REMOVE THE PIT FROM AN AVOCADO:
- Cut the avocado vertically.
- Twist to separate the halves.
- Tap the knife onto the pit and twist slightly. The pit should release easily at this point.
- Use a spoon to loosen the flesh from the peel and scoop into a bowl.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE AVOCADO TOAST WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE:
- Favorite Bread
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Balsamic Glaze
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO TOAST WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Toast the bread until it is golden brown.
Spread the avocado mixture over the bread.
Slice tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes, but any type will work.
Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
IS AVOCADO TOAST HEALTHY?
Here's the thing about avocados. They are a great source of vitamins, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids. They're the "good" fat, so eat them often!
Add them to:
- Cold macaroni salad.
- Chicken, tuna or egg salad. Replace some of the mayonnaise with this "good" fat.
- On top of a burger or most any sandwich.
- Salad - Greek Salad, Caesar Salad, Cobb Salad. All salads are improved with avocado!
- Everything Mexican is better with avocado.
- Use this same recipe, but substitute a fried egg for the tomatoes and glaze. Another of my favorite ways to eat Avocado Toast.
If you dream it up, you can probably add avocado!
AVOCADO TOAST WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
Avocado Toast with Balsamic Glaze
- ⅓ Avocado
- 1 Squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice about 1 tsp.
- 1-2 Sliced Tomatoes
- 1 Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning about ¼ - ½ tsp
- 1 Drizzle Balsamic Glaze about 1 Tbsp.
- 1 slice Favorite Bread
- Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Toast the bread until it is golden brown.
- Slather the avocado mixture over the bread.
- Add a layer of tomatoes over the top of the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Drizzle Balsamic Glaze over tomatoes and avocado mixture.
- Eat immediately.